Healthy You Article
National Nutrition Month
October 24, 2017
Dietitian Cathryn| The Pantry Lab Blog
If you want a recipe that is quick and easy, mixed with chocolate and the benefit of no baking, all while being gluten free, you may need to try this!
These babies are rich so make them or cut them small! When you serve them avoid leaving them out at room temp for long periods...they get a bit soft!
If you want to SEE me make this, check out this video on my "Dietitian Cathryn" You Tube channel!
Healthy No- Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup grass fed butter
1/3 cup unsweetened almond butter (or peanut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut sugar
3 Tablespoons raw cacao powder (or regular cocoa powder)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats (quick oats will work in a pinch too)
1-2 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Bring to a boil the coconut oil, butter, honey, sugar and cacao powder.
2. Stir constantly and cook for 1.5 minutes
3. Remove from heat. Add & mix in vanilla.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
5. Quickly spoon onto a baking sheet covered in wax paper. Or press into a 8X8 pan (also lined with wax paper). This will allow you to cut it into squares later
6. Place in freezer until hardened.
7. Store in fridge.
8. Try not to eat them all at once!
Recipe source: unknown. I got this from a friend
Dietitian Cathryn's Top Tips for Eating Well D...
April 8, 2020
Your Food Mindset Matters PART 2: Using the Crowd...
April 7, 2020
Your Food MINDSET MATTERS: Part ONE (Healthy You...
September 12, 2019